Saturday, February 16, 2013

Celebrity News: Star Jones admits to being a survivor of heart disease


Sisters, many of us can recall when Star Jones was overweight when she was on the talk show, 'The View.'  She is a positive role model for all of us to remain healthy, no matter how hard it it may seem.   Many of us have been driven to overeat, because of stress and the personal problems in our lives, but it's never too late to create a goal to become a healthy person, so you can prolong your life, spiritually as well as physically.

If some of you black women are diagnosed with heart disease, it does not mean your life is over. According to MyFoxDetroit.com, these were Star Jones exact words, "I didn't wear that proudly initially.  I was scared out of my mind.  I had some shortness of breath.  I would get lightheaded when I would go from seated to standing too quickly.  Some intense heart palpitations, and I, of course, was looking for every other excuse in the book instead of thinking these are the classic female symptoms of heart disease."

Just take time and watch this video and be encouraged black women.

 Watch Video

Starr Jones: 'I am one of the faces of heart disease'

By Deena Centofanti, Fox 2 News

DETROIT (WJBK) -Not only is she a television personality, an attorney and an author, many people don't realize Starr Jones is also a heart disease survivor.  We spoke with her at Friday's Go Red for Women Luncheon at the MGM Grand Hotel in Detroit.

"I didn't wear that proudly initially.  I was scared out of my mind.  I had some shortness of breath.  I would get lightheaded when I would go from seated to...Read full article, here.


Source, Photo and Video: MyFoxDetroit.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes